Hi and welcome to our blog! Get your coffee, with a side of chocolate, sit back, relax and stay a while. You are sure to be entertained!

Oh, and please help us fund free mammograms by clicking on the link in the right sidebar!

Feeding Frenzy

So, I feel I need to apologize to you up front about this post. It’s really not that exciting, but I am trying something new in my house and wanted to share it. It is a step in the right direction for my resolutions in my Happiness Project. The other reason I choose to share this tonight is I am looking at my house and have the laundry that needs to be put away staring me in the face and the kitchen I still need to clean calling my name. So, here it goes…

I had heard of this mom who scheduled her family’s meals a year in advance. Wow! I have a hard time planning dinners out for the next night. But as I made all of those meals to freeze this past weekend, I decided I’d try to schedule things out—just to see how it would go. So, here is my family’s meal calendar through March. I tried to schedule the frozen meals during the week and make meals on the weekends.  As you can see, I altered my plan on day two, but, as my dad said, even the best laid plans get ruined some days. Smart man.

                         Menu 
                                                   (Click on image to zoom.)

***A little explanation on my notations: We had to be somewhere last night and I read the thawing and cooking directions wrong for the Shepherd’s Pie and didn’t allow enough time to cook it. (P.S. The Shepherd’s Pie was so good!) So, I moved that to tonight and tonight’s meal to Friday. The arrows on the roasted chicken to the chicken enchiladas is to remind me to use the leftover chicken for the enchiladas.  Same thing on the roast.

So, now I (along with my family)shall embark on this meal menu adventure.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment